Saturday, February 23, 2013

Note to self: Do not watch Fast and the Furious before getting behind the wheel


I have come to the conclusion that watching an action packed driving film full of high speed chases and daring manoeuvres isn't the ideal preparation for a 65mile trip to London.

I am a big fan of the Fast and the Furious series, in fact, i have lost count of the amount of times i have seen the latest edition 'Fast Five'.

Don Omar provided the soundtrack for that film, so as i am a big fan of reggaeton, this elevated the film to greatness status. For a quick recap of the film click here.

Its fair to say i was engulfed by the 'hero vibe' after watching the film, and this transferred onto my driving style.

'Hero vibe' is the description my friend gave to the feeling of invincibility you have running through your veins after watching an action film. We had just seen the new Die Hard film and as we exited the screen, Mo said to us "we're all going to be on the hero vibe now'. 

Right on cue, we took the cinema lift downstairs to the car park, to find the door to the car park locked, so as i tried numerous combinations, first turning left, then turning right with no avail, Armando just came up and pulled the door open, completely ruined the hero vibe

I still remain convinced that the door was locked and was it not for my combination Armando would have not been able to open it. 

Begs the question, how much do films influence our behaviour?

Greatly in my opinion, i turned on the ignition, reved louder than usual, put on my Don Omar CD and reversed out of my porch.

What followed was one of the most exciting drives of my life, even though you'd think i'd be bored of this journey by now...

50mph restriction zone on the M1? Erm, 80 feels better.

"Slow down now" , you mean speed up?

Over take the slow guy on the fast lane by going on the left lane? sure.

Every overtaking i would make was done with Formula 1 precision, stay in the slipstream until the very last moment and swerve out and in. 

By the time i parked my car up in front of my house in Enfield, i had burnt 10 litres more than usual and my car was making the noises indicating it wanted a well deserved rest.

Kids, driving fast is illegal and please do not try the 'hero vibe' at home.

New Fast and the Furious 6 trailer is out, see it here

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment