Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grey and wet, Blue and sunny. Welcome to England!

The start of the week has been pretty miserable and slow. The world famous British weather has played a huge part, however both 2 hour lectures i attended on Tuesday were the main reason behind the misery.

This may sound like me complaining about such trivial subjects, considering millions of children across the world are dying of hunger and poverty, who am i to complain when i have a roof under my head and clothes on my back?

I just thought i would mention the extreme boredom i experienced in my lecture because that is what you do on blogs, you share your views on topics which may or may not be interesting.

Incidentally, the 'citizen journalist' side of me managed to video a fellow student falling asleep in the aforementioned class. I have deliberated uploading it but i fear for his academic future if the lecturer was to come across my blog or  the video online, as i assure you the content of the video is pure comedy and would go viral!

Tuesday night was the first night of football training at the Swan Pool leisure center in Buckingham. Colombian maestro Camilo joined me for a kick about which was played in the rain and in extremely windy conditions. Safe to say it wasn't a night for me to produce my best football with the ball slipping and sliding everywhere. It wasn't so bad in the end, met new people and enjoyed the feeling of caressing a football across the pitch again after the fractured knee injury.

I'll be heading to the Wolf pack tonight for drinks with a few other journalism students and of course to enjoy the Arsenal vs Liverpool match with Camilo, hopefully the Reds from North London can produce a performance which will brighten up my week. 

On a side note, the missus is thinking about buying a rabbit and asked me for ideas with names...the best she has come up with are:


  • Professor Carrot
  • Cotton Wool
  • Wolfs bane
As you can probably gather, her imagination knows no boundaries, so any suggestions are welcome!

Au Revoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment